Whilst I love going out and exploring various cuisines, I also enjoy cooking. This recipe has been passed down to me and I absolutely love it. Let’s cut to the chase and do this!
|Ingredients for sauce
|Ingredients for Paneer|
|1 Green bell pepper finely cut into thin strips
2 Medium Onions finely cut into thin strips
1 -2 Chopped Green Chillies (depends how hot you like it)
2 Cloves Garlic finely chopped
½ teaspoon Garlic paste
1 tablespoon Corn flour
3 tablespoons light soya sauce
1 small cup water
3 tablespoons Oil
2 tablespoons Honey (adjust according to sweetness)
Salt to taste
½ teaspoon Chilli flakes
Thinly chopped Spring onions to garnish
|½ Kg Paneer cut into medium sized cubes
1 cup white flour
1 tablespoon cornflour
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
Preparing the Paneer
- Mix white flour, corn flour and salt.
- Add water gradually until the mixture is of a runny consistency. Make sure it isn’t too runny or thick.
- Warm the oil at medium heat.
- Add the paneer cubes to the mixture and mix until finely coated.
- Drop a few cubes into the oil and fry gently until they are nice and golden. Make sure not to over do.
- Remove in a colander and fry the rest and keep aside.
Preparing the sauce
- Take a deep pan and pour 3 tablespoons of oil. Allow the oil to heat.
- Add the garlic paste and onions and sautee for about 5 minutes until onions are translucent. Make sure the heat in medium and that the onions don’t brown.
- Add chopped garlic, green chillies and green bell pepper to this mixture to cook for another 2-3 minutes. (Optional – You can put this on slow and cover with a lid for the vegetables to soften).
- Mix corn flour, soya sauce and water to make slurry in a bowl.
- Add pinch of salt and chilli flakes to the vegetable mixture and mix in well.
- If the sauce is too thick, add some water accordingly.
- Add the slurry to the vegetable mixture and allow it to come to boil.
- Lower heat and add the honey and taste the vegetable mixture. It should be sweet and spicy. Adjust taste accordingly.
- Add the fried Paneer to the sauce. Mix well and allow to cook on low heat covered for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with spring onions just before serving and enjoy with warm buttery naan.