Swahilipot Hub is a community initiative which focuses on inspiring and developing upcoming innovative technology ideas and art through networking, technical training, support, professional mentoring and coaching. It brings together the tech community and artists of all calibers, techpreneurs, entrepreneurs, developers, designers, investors and donors and provides them an opportunity to share knowledge, learn, find mentors and expound on tech ideas that will lead to the development of new technologies in Kenya and globally at large. Also as a community based organizations the main purpose being to build a collaborative innovation ecosystem in Mombasa that will facilitate increased learning, interaction and innovation in Technology and Arts environments.
The main objectives are:
* To create and promote a conducive environment for all community members to learn, share, explore, experiment, and build sustainable and income-generating solutions.
* To encourage cooperation and interaction between Entities with similar interests, both within and outside Mombasa (Coastal Region at large). Such Entities may be affiliated to the Group without fee;
* Generally to advance Arts and Technology initiatives within the scope of the Group.
The desired result is to be able to provide a working area for community members with high speed Internet that can be used to propel innovations by the youth, host theatrical activities at the Amphitheater, host events by local and non-local groups of which some of those events will generate income for the group so as to be self-sustaining.
Swahilipot Hub is composed of members who are current residents of the Coastal region who are interested in being part of an innovative community.
Among the partners of the group include; The ICT Authority, SEACOM Kenya, National Museum of Kenya and CISCO. These enable the group at the moment to meet their demands in equipping their facilities in order to provide the services much desired by the community.
The Executive team of the group is made up of 7 officers whose deputies are individuals from different Art and Tech groups who are also students in higher education institutions within the Coast region.
The team members are:
- Co- Chairpersons: Fatma Mkwariza
- Programme Director: Husniya Dweran
- Marketing Director: Stephanie Maseki
- Technical Director: Britone Mwasaru
- Legal Director: Asma Al-Amin
- Community Director: Francis Ikoha
- Senior Administrator: Paul Akwabi
Membership kes 500 / 6 Months or kes 1000/1 year.
For More Details email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ICT CS Joe Mucheru visits Swahilipot Hub August 2016.