1) Your name and what do you do?
My name is Mohammed AbdulRahman but mostly people know me as (Moh’dBauss) I am 21 years old and I am a volunteer at Camara Education.
2) Why did you volunteer and why did you choose Camara to volunteer?
The reason why I chose to volunteer in Camara Education is I wanted a better understanding about different people, communities and organizations as well as to gain career experience and develop skills or learn new ones. Finally I volunteer to give back to the community and make the world a better place.
3) You went to school in UAE, How do you find the education system in Kenya?
Yes I did go to school in UAE. I find the education system in Kenya much harder than other systems. Which is an advantage to all those who are using this system.
4) How would your friends and family describe you?
They describe me easy going.
5) Describe your proudest moment while volunteering?
My proudest moments volunteering are many. . One of them being last month when we traveled to Uasin Gishu County where we dispatched over 500 computers and networked 36 schools. It was an amazing experience and you can truly see the joy in the children’s faces when they are greeted with this new technology.
6) Being a volunteer, have you ever felt you work went unappreciated?
Not really everywhere I go people seem to be interested in what I do and always ask me how can they join. Its nice to part of changing peoples lives to the better.
7) Where is your favorite place in Mombasa?
My favorite place in Mombasa will be Nyali Beach. Its a really nice quiet place where you can enjoy your weekend and hangout with friends.
8) do you miss UAE?
I miss my friends and family who are in UAE. I really like it here in Kenya and the people in Mombasa are really awesome, socializing and open minded. Plus you get to learn a lot here.
9) What do you want to be doing 5 years from now?
5 years from now I would love to have an organization where we can help people pursue their dreams and make the world a better place.
10) Parting shot
So implore everyone to find a cause and volunteer, because not only will you be helping others, you will be helping yourself as well.